This turned out crazy good and super cheesy-tasting.
I’ve decided to try to cut dairy as much as I can for my overall health, weight loss, and health of my growing baby!
But I LOVE dairy. Feta Cheese on my salads, Yogurt with my fruit in the morning or in a smoothie, and especially CREAMY CHEESY ALFREDO for cheat days.
However, I found out how to make a delicious VEGAN alfredo.
I’ve tried a few recipes – but this one is my favorite so far.
Vegan, Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 1 White Onion, Chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Vegetable Broth (chicken if you aren’t vegan)
- 1/2 Cup Cashews, Raw
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Pepper
- First soak 1/2 cup cashews for about five hours- unless you have a great blender!
- Boil 1 medium onion in 1 cup broth until tender.
- Then add your 4 cloves of garlic.
- Simmer until water disappears, but don’t burn your onions and garlic! I make sure to stir it until the water disappears. This is really the only time-intensive thing about this whole recipe!
- Put the 1/4 cup nutritional yeast, dash of salt and pepper, onions and garlic, 1 tbsp lemon juice, and a 1/2 cup broth to blender and blend until creamy.
- WHOA! Some people add a little Dijon mustard and avocado to kill the nutritional yeast but nutri-yeast is good for you- and it really grows on you if you’re having a hard time adjusting!