I love cold pastas for lunch, when I actually put forth the energy to eat something besides Goldfish crackers or greek yogurt with granola for lunch. (C’mon, you know you do it too.)
This Creamy Dairy-Free Alfredo is deceptively easy and packed with protein. Here’s the recipe for my go-to quick lunch pasta that gets gobbled up faster than you can say arrivederci.
- 2 Cups Dried Penne Noodles – I use gluten-free rice noodles or Quinoa Noodles
- 1 Pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Halved and chilled
- As many delicious cooked shrimp as you can afford. I typically use approximately 20-25 smallish shrimp.
- 1 Avocado, pitted
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1/2 Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- Garlic Salt & Cracked Pepper
- Boil your pasta. Beware that the time between al dente and overdone with quinoa noodles is about as fast as a ripe avocado turns the color of February street slush.
- While noodles are warm but not hot, add all ingredients and stir until you get a creamy pasta “sauce” with the lemon, avocado, mustard, and a bit of the tomato that will start to seep into the pasta.
Because of the raw tomato, this doesn’t last in the refrigerator more than a day without getting wattery, so don’t plan to make several meals out of this delicious, chilled, awesome pasta.
Leave A Comment