The most important communication you will ever have is the communication you have with yourself. Mental chatter dictates your mood, demeanor and daily progress. Is your self-talk serving you well in your business or is it time to change the recording?
As women, we tend to be hard on ourselves. Are you ready to give yourself a break? I’ve discovered that when I pay attention and “catch myself” thinking or speaking negatively, things can change. Unrelenting condemnation will keep your business mired in mediocrity.
Publicity is one area of business that makes many women feel uncomfortable. Self-promotion and self-confidence are needed to position yourself as a trusted authority in your field. You can lower the volume on the harsh internal soundtrack by using positive affirmations.
Here are 30 phrases to bolster your self-confidence—and PR. As you will see, the words that follow “I am” are critical.
- I am knowledgeable and capable.
- I enjoy sharing my expertise and knowledge with others.
- I am visually brilliant!
- I am articulate and on-message.
- I am an outstanding communicator.
- My messages are brief, compelling and valuable!
- I am a trusted and credible business owner who is worthy of publicity.
- Reporters and influencers are always contacting me for interviews.
- I have plenty of time for PR!
- I am a strong, charismatic communicator!
- I choose my words carefully and deliver messages with ease.
- I am a confident speaker with outstanding vocal habits!
- I am an excellent communicator and writer.
- Writing is easy for me!
- I am creative.
- I enjoy coming up with new story ideas to promote my business.
- PR is fun and easy!
- I like following up with reporters!
- My words are magical; people are drawn to them!
- My business is worthy of publicity!
- I focus on helping others to solve their problems.
- I have all the skills and talents I need to promote my business!
- I can quickly and clearly pitch my story.
- I choose my words carefully.
- I am an excellent listener.
- I am a trusted news source!
- I have everything I need to market and promote my business.
- Reporters depend on me as a credible source for stories.
- I am a person of influence!
- PR opportunities are always chasing me down!
By Susan Young
Moms Wear Capes PR Expert
To learn how to get your business in the spotlight, visit Susan’s full Superwoman School trainings here.
Leave A Comment